DEA aims to help create the social and political change necessary to address climate change and other environmental issues that affect health. It does this by influencing the public and decision makers, through education, advocacy and campaigning.
DEA uses a combination of key interventions for greater impact. It educates and influences decision-makers, both in its own right as an expert public voice, and as a valued partner in broader movements for change. It does this through:
- Educating medical doctors and institutions about climate change, mobilising them for advocacy and campaigning, and promoting sustainability within the health care sector
- Translating robust scientific research into messaging, educational and advocacy materials
- Writing submissions to government reviews
- ‘Insider-track’ advocacy to decision makers
- Engaging with mainstream and social media
- Campaigning and awareness-raising
- Collaborating with other organisations to maximise impact.