Skip navigation

NewsGP: The overlooked health hazard lurking in many homes by Dr Ben Ewald

For a child with asthma who lives in a home with a gas stove, 30% of their risk of asthma is from stove exposure, writes Dr Ben Ewald.

The evidence supports wanting to minimise exposure to these gases.

As doctors, we strive to deliver health advice supported by good science, and just as 30 years ago we recognised the benefits of protecting children from cigarette smoke, there is now a strong rationale to protect them from indoor gas combustion.

So what are some inexpensive steps that doctors can advise?

Read the full article published in NewsGP on 8 December 2022.

There is a range of useful resources about the risks of indoor gas exposure to help GPs:

Continue Reading

Read More