DEA recently submitted a submission on the Industry Research and Development (Beetaloo
Cooperative Drilling Program) Instrument.
DEA has raised five key concerns about the Beetaloo Cooperative Drilling Program:
- The program will accelerate climate change, increasing morbidity and mortality in Australia and globally
- The program will damage Aboriginal health and participation in democracy
- The program is a threat to NT Government integrity
- The program undermines NT government policy climate change commitments
- The program replaces opportunities for renewable energy development and export which would lead to much better health outcomes
Click here to read DEA’s full submission.